Monday, September 22, 2008
Pre-Op Discussion
I had my pre-op visit with Dr. Kooby today. He is such a kind man, and he has small children too, so he understands that my primary motivation is to watch Gabriel grow up. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30A on Thursday, and my surgery is scheduled to start around 8:15A. It will last about 3 hours. I will be in ICU that day, and he expects I'll be able to move to a regular room the next day (Friday). I will be in the hospital about a week. I'm very nervous, and scared, but the way I look at it is, after this surgery I won't have cancer anymore. All of this is a small price to pay to grow old with Danny and watch our son graduate from college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Elisabeth - in addition to everything else, who knew you are such a fantastic writer with wit and charm and laser focus. I have added your blog as a tab on my homepage so every time I am on the computer I think of you. Not that I need the reminder as you are on my mind and in my heart constantly.
Sis - you are in our thoughts and prayers. You will power through this, and we will see you at the hospital as soon as the hospital allows us to visit you. Anything you need either before or after your operation, your wish is our command. (Again, don't forget to take your Wonder Woman T-Shirt with you!)
We are all thinking about you!!!!!
Twilight Series (and other good stuff!) on the way today!
Elisabeth,
You are in Mark & I's thoughts and prayers as usual. Awesome blogging, we all appreciate your witty words. We'll see you soon, try not to worry.
Post a Comment