Sunday, September 14, 2008

Intro

Well, if you're reading this, you already know my news. On August 11, I found out that I have a cancerous tumor on my liver. To make a long story short, I went to the emergency room on July 12th for an odd pain in the right side of my abdomen. Not sharp or debilitating, just dull and constant (and different). They did a CT scan which revealed something on my liver. So after doctor visits, an MRI and a biopsy, we got the news. I've since been through a PET scan, mammogram, colonoscopy, EGD, and a pelvic ultrasound. All these tests/scans have revealed no signs of cancer anywhere else. This is very encouraging news! We met with two surgical oncologists, and decided to go with Dr. Kooby at the Emory Winship Cancer Institute. My surgery will be Sept. 25, and I will probably be in the hospital a week. My recovery time after surgery will be around 6 weeks. I will get more information closer to my surgery date. We don't know yet if I'll need to go through chemotherapy. I am still feeling well, which is the odd part about this whole thing. But I consider that a good sign. I will write more when I know more!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth, you have the thoughts and prayers of many people in your corner, and I hope that knowing so helps support you during any anxious moments for you.

Laura Leckband said...

Elisabeth - I am so happy to hear that you are moving formward and things seem to be so positive! If you need any help at all please call us. We love you very much.

Unknown said...

Elisabeth and Danny, you have so many people thinking and sending positive energy your way everyday. Count on all of us to send even more. Let me know if you guys need anything on surgery day and immediately afterwards. Also, for the recovery time. I am very happy to be a point person and coordinate visitors, pre-made dinners, etc if that would be helpful.

Love, K

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisabeth - Thanks for creating this blog to keep us posted. We are adding to the layers of love and prayers that are surrounding you by sending you good thoughts, prayers, and vibes from our little corner. Would love to be active in our support - just let us know how and we are there.
Love, A and V

Anonymous said...

So glad you created your blog! I hate to call and ask for news, but you are constantly (no exageration) on my mind. You demonstrate grace under pressure. Much love from my home to yours!

Ann said...

Hi little cousin....
Everyone I know has your name on their prayer list...

I even have all of Las Vegas stars (lights) twinkling in your honor...

Right now your hurting but just know it too will past...Gary a little over two weeks from his open heart is doing well... See

Love ya
Cousin Ann